Thursday, January 13, 2011

Opening Message

Well, here I am, typing my first blog.  Haven't really given much thought to why I am doing this, but I think it may have some therapeutic properties.  I have been mostly living alone now for almost two years, except for the times my college aged daughter comes home on breaks.  Those are great times; don't always get much done, but I sure do love sitting around and catching up with her.  Or just having someone else in the house that understands and cares about me.  I lost my husband Dan to cancer in June 2009, and it seems like I have set out into the wild, on a trip, which I have no idea where I am going to or going to end up.  Just when you think life is good, you know who you are and what life means to you, something happens to change everything you know.  Losing a spouse, after helping them through a terminal illness, saying goodbye, and trying to be strong for them,  well, it is a challenge; a life changing event.  I have to wonder if it qualifies as a traumatic event.  Is there a name for what I am going through, other than grieving?  I have to admit that I do feel better than I did a year ago, but I am no where near where I want to be in this process.  More later.  It's time to fix 'dinner for one', another of those things I am trying to deal with, after years of cooking for a family.  Until next time, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment